Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

edns-client-subnet support

edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Hello,

I was wondering if the new public DNS has edns-client-subnet support for queries forwarded to our name servers. Thanks!

-Kyle

Comments

• Hello Kyle,

We will check with our Engineers and get back to you. Thanks for your patience.
  • Kyle,

Thanks for the question. We will be adding your names servers to our whitelist for edns-client-subnet. I will update you here when the change has been made.

• edited October 2015
    Thank you Denis. Here is a list of our nameserver domains.

ns1.cdnetdns.net
    ns2.cdnetdns.net
    ns1.panthercdn.com
    ns2.panthercdn.com
    ns3.panthercdn.com
    ns4.panthercdn.com
    ns1.gccdn.net
    ns2.gccdn.net
    ns3.gccdn.net
    ns4.gccdn.net
    ns5.gccdn.net
    ns6.gccdn.net
    ns7.gccdn.net

Also, how does edns-client-subnet work for your public DNS? Is there any detection for whether our servers are accepting the ECS packets? Could you please give me a little insight on the workflow and how ECS packets are handled by your public DNS? Thanks!
  • Hello Kyle,

Thank you for your inquiry. We will reach out to our Engineers about your inquiry.
  • Hello,

Is there an update for this? Also, here is an updated list of our name servers. Please use the following list. Thanks.

ns1.cdnetdns.net
    ns2.cdnetdns.net
    ns1.panthercdn.com
    ns2.panthercdn.com
    ns3.panthercdn.com
    ns4.panthercdn.com
    ns1.gccdn.net
    ns2.gccdn.net
    ns3.gccdn.net
    ns4.gccdn.net
    ns5.gccdn.net
    ns6.gccdn.net
    ns7.gccdn.net
    ns8.gccdn.net
    ns1.cdnetdns.cn
    ns2.cdnetdns.cn
    ns3.cdnetdns.cn
    ns4.cdnetdns.cn
    ns5.cdnetdns.cn
    ns6.cdnetdns.cn
    ns1.gccdn.cn
    ns2.gccdn.cn
    ns3.gccdn.cn
    ns4.gccdn.cn
    ns5.gccdn.cn
    ns6.gccdn.cn

-Kyle
  • Hello Kyle,

Thank you for the updated list. We will provide this updated list to our Engineers and also an update regarding your inquiry. We thank you for your continued patience.
  • Hello Kyle,

We are in the process of reconciling the lists and anticipate having the first set of servers whitelisted in about 2 weeks with our next scheduled release. However, as we are still in the midst of reconciling the additional lists, we anticipate having the data reconciled and included in the following release scheduled for about 4 weeks from now.

Lastly, regarding your inquiry about ECS, please know that we strictly whitelist vs. probing.
  • Thank you for the response. So we can expect ECS in about 4 weeks then? Also, is there a way we can test your ECS functionality before putting it into production?
  • Hello Kyle,

We anticipate having all your servers white listed in 4 weeks. We will check with our Engineers regarding ECS testing and get back to you once we have an update.
  • Hello Kyle,

Our engineers have confirmed that a subset of your name-server list has been white-listed. Could you please advise what kind of testing would you like to perform?
  • Hello Kyle,

Have you had a chance to review the feedback we had provided recently? Engineering was curious to find out what sort of testing you are intending on conducting?
  • It would just be simple testing to see that the ECS packets are properly sent to our name servers and that we are analyzing and handling them properly. Could you please let me know which name servers were whitelisted and are ECS packets currently being sent to them now? Also, do you have a list of IP subnets of your DNS servers so that I can confirm with our logs? Thanks!
  • Hello,

I was wondering if our name servers have been fully whitelisted and ECS packets are currently being sent. Also, could you please provide the IP blocks for your DNS forwarding servers so that I can check the requests against our logs? Thanks.
  • Is there an ETA for when an update will be available? Thanks.
  • Hello,

Could you please let us know the IP blocks for your DNS forwarding servers? Thanks.
  • edited January 2016
    Hello Kyle,

We have responded to this inquiry via email to the account address listed on file.
  • Sorry, I missed the email the first time around. I see it now. Thanks!
  • Great! I am glad you have the information you need. Let us know if you need anything else.