Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this bypass my router DNS configuration?

I can´t access my ISP home router configuration, if I change the DNS settings in Windows using the instructions supplied in the "getting started" thread , which I can do, will I be using two different DNS providers or will the computer settings take preference over the router settings? Will I have any problem surfing the Internet if my operating system has one DNS and my router has a different provider?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Hi Bubu,

We are reviewing your inquiry further and will get back to you.

Best Regards,
    Kat
  • Hi Bubu,

Should you change the DNS settings in Windows by following the steps in the "getting started" thread, your local computer setting will override the router settings and therefore you shouldn't observe any problems surfing the internet.

Please note that if you would like to use our Public DNS server for your entire network, it will be much easier if you configure the changes on your router as opposed to individually configure each of your local device settings. However, since you have mentioned that you do not have the access to the router, you will need to individually configure each of your local device settings.

Best Regards,
    Aaron
  • hi to answer your question directly, no.