Terms of Service
These Terms of Service govern your use of the Service and constitute a legally binding contract between you and VeriSign, Inc. and its Affiliates (collectively, “Verisign”). You understand that by using any or all of the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. You and Verisign may each also be referred to individually as a “Party” or together as the “Parties.”
1.1 “Affiliate” means, with respect to each Party, any entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, such Party.
1.2 “Feedback” means any feedback, comments, questions, suggestions and ideas regarding the Service that you may provide to Verisign through any medium or forum including, but not limited to, online forums, e-mail, telephone, online and/or live surveys and questionnaires.
1.3 “Intellectual Property Rights” mean any and all now known or hereafter existing rights associated with United States and foreign copyrights (including, without limitation, the right to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the copyrighted work), database rights, trademarks (including, without limitation, trade dress, trade names, service marks, corporate names and logos), inventions, patents (including, without limitation, the right to make, use, offer for sale and sell), patent applications, software, firmware, know-how, trade secrets, moral rights and all rights or forms of protection of proprietary rights of every kind and of a similar nature, or having similar effect to any of them, which may exist throughout the world however designated, whether or not any of them is registered, and including applications for registration for any of the foregoing.
1.4 “Internet Protocol Address” or “IP Address” means a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. Two versions of the Internet Protocol (IP) are in use: IP Version 4 (e.g., 172.16.254.1) and IP Version 6 (e.g., 2001:2001:2001:2001:0001:0001:0001:0001).
1.5 “PII” means personally identifiable Information.
1.6 “RDNS IP Addresses” means (a) 126.96.36.199; (b) 188.8.131.52; (c) 2620:74:1b::1:1; and (d) 2620:74:1c::2:2.
1.7 “Service” means the Verisign Public DNS Service, including any tools, features, functionality and forums through which Feedback may be submitted.
1.8 “Service Data” means data and information (a) collected by the Service about your use and, if you are an entity, your individual users’ use of the Service, including information which may be deemed PII under the laws of some jurisdictions; and (b) generated by the Service including, but not limited to, any statistical information related to the usage, traffic patterns and behavior of the users of the Service.
1.9 “Verisign Content” means user guides, and other documentation, technical and operations manuals and specifications made available by Verisign in connection with the Service.
2. Acceptance of Terms. You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Service before accessing the Service. Please read these Terms of Service carefully and print off or save a copy for your records. If you agree to these Terms of Service on behalf of an entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that entity to these Terms of Service. In such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that entity. If you do not have the legal authority to bind such entity, please do not use the Service.
3. License Grant. Subject to these Terms of Service and in accordance with any applicable instructions or documentation provided or posted by Verisign, Verisign hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-assignable limited right and license to (a) use the RDNS IP Addresses for the purposes of accessing and using the Service; and (b) access and use the Service.
4. Restrictions. You may not (a) charge a fee for the use of the Service without Verisign’s written approval; (b) copy, modify, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code for any of the software or systems which deliver the Service; (c) disparage Verisign, the Service or any other products and services Verisign may offer; (d) reproduce, duplicate, copy, resell, redistribute or otherwise exploit the Service; (e) create or attempt to create any substitute service or product through the use of the Service; or (f) integrate the Service into another service or product.
5. Term. The term of these Terms of Service commences upon the date you access and/or use the Service and continues until termination in accordance with these Terms and of Service.
6. Termination. You may terminate these Terms of Service by discontinuing your use of the Service at any time without notice. You agree that Verisign may in its discretion terminate or suspend your use of and access to all or part of the Service immediately and without notice at any time and for any reason. You agree that Verisign shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any termination or suspension of all or part of the Service.
For the complete Terms of Service please visit our website