I am using both the 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 public DNS, and randomly experiencing an incorrect IP being returned on various public domain records, across many different domains.
Domains that I have tested using a script:
var domains = [
Some of the IPs that are being incorrectly returned for A record lookup on any of the above domains:
10.10.30.127 (IANA private range)
172.25.0.190 (IANA private range)
192.168.99.240 (IANA private range)
18.104.22.168 (VeriSign Infrastructure & Operations)
22.214.171.124 (Nasdaq, Inc.)
It's really sporadic, as in 1 request out of 300 might return the incorrect IP, but it's causing my all kinds of grief on my end due to timeouts, ssl cert mismatches when connecting to the wrong IP, those types of things.
Hope you can sort it out. Please let me know when it's fixed and what the issue was. I imagine this has to be happening for other folks as well. I started noticing it in our logs on 2017-12-05T20:50:34.510Z and it has escalated in frequency since then.